– Gorgeous American Presidents desk and matching captains tub seat with swivel action
– Classic Resolute partners desk – a piece of American history
– Come and view this in our Hertfordshire showroom – just 25 minutes north of London
– Sumptuous office set up – great to find matching chairs and desk
This piece is a model of a desk that was given to the President of the United States by the Queen of England in 1855 – please see the commorative plaque that is located at the back of the desk and you can get a history of the piece. You can blow the picture up and read the interesting inscription.
The desk is beautiful – you can see how intricate the hand carved details are including the large eagle with the shield, snake, leaves and arrows to the back panel in the knee hole. The back panel opens out. Then there are the host of other intricate designs weaved into the desk, including rosettes, leaves, flowers, scrolls, swags and other emblems.
This is a true partners desk as both sides feature an open out cubby hole with lock and various drawers. The table top is large and covered in tooled leather with gilded circumference. This would make a great piece for your office, home or otherwise, and is a great conversation piece as well as of course looking totally the part.
– Offered in great shape and will ship to anywhere in the world
The secrets out the bag! The Presidents desk has a secret compartment for all those confidential documents. The Presidents desk is a partners desk hand crafted from mahogany, a fantastic slice of history.
Come and view a Presidents desk at Canonbury Antiques – our showroom is just off the M25 near Potters Bar in Herts, just 25 minutes north of London. We have lots of desks, mahogany partners desks, victorian desks, regency desks, walnut desks etc